I'm about a week slow, but Kojote at
has announced a new
By the way, PDROMS has some great freeware games for many
platforms, and is well worth checking out, even if you aren't a
Wednesday, June 18th, 2003
We finally fixed our
game compatibility page
for Liberty. Check out the new categories of information
available on your favorite Gameboy games! We've
added game descriptions as well as a *lot more* notes, including
hints/walkthroughs and CHEATS to many Gameboy games!
In addition, we've finally updated the list of tested & playable
Many of you have been asking where to locate a Gameboy cartridge
reader, since Lik-Sang stopped selling the GB Xchanger.
We've found a new supplier who offers the PC Linker
(including a 16 Mb flash card!) for only $18.00 US!
success-hk.com for a great deal, and tell them
Gambit Studios sent you :)
December 19th, 2002
has finally been updated, and now includes
compatibility for OS 5 devices. Our testing shows Liberty
running at speeds equivalent to a 40 MHz 68k device on the Palm Tungsten|T.
- We have released GERMAN,
FRENCH and SPANISH language versions of Liberty,
thanks to the work of some wonderful people. Our thanks to
Tan NGUYEN for
March 18th, 2002
File Conversion Utility for Windows is now
available. This free program, available on our
download page, makes converting your favorite games simpler
- Finally, for those of you who keep asking, beta 3 will be out in the
next few days. Keep watching! And thanks for the
great feedback! We read every letter.
February 15th, 2002
- Liberty version 1.3 beta 2 released to the public
(Mostly minor fixes from bugs reported by our registered
users) Now everyone can see what the excitement is about
February 14th, 2002
January 28th, 2002
- Liberty version 1.3 beta 1 released to registered users
While we are still working on the next release of Liberty, we
wanted to give our faithful users an early taste.
Changes in this release include:
Minor bug fixes, optimizations of z-80 code
2) Fixed JoyPad Interrupt Code (should Fix
Double Dragon 3, other games where the key
presses were not registering)
3) New "trick" in the emulation, which will speed
up a small number of games SIGNIFICANTLY!
Donkey Kong Land 3 is now 40% faster, Joust
speed has improved over 20%
4) Sprites ignore Priority Bit (it fixes
"disappearing sprite" bugs in some games,
though sprites now always appear on top of
5) "Terrible" sound is no longer quite so
"terrible"! The frequencies have been tweaked
significantly, resulting in improved sound
7) Saved games are now backed up to the PC on
8) Clock support for cartridges with built-in
Real-time-clock (such as Pokemon Gold)
October 1st, 2001
- Freedom 2001 GameBoy Developers Competition Results -We
have finished the judging of entries in our first ever competition,
and the results are in! Check out the press
release for a list of the winners, or view
and download the entries.
Friday, September 14th, 2001
- Developers Contest Update -Due to the unprecedented
events of the past week, and multiple requests from contestants,
the deadline of the Freedom 2001 GameBoy Developers Competition
has been extended until September 25th, 2001. The final
judging will take place by September 28th. Take advantage
of the extra time to refine your entries!
July 10th, 2001
- Developers Contest! -Gambit Studios has
announced a GameBoy developers contest in appreciation for
the tremendous contributions of the GameBoy
development community. Read all about the prizes
and contest rules in our Press
June 15th, 2001
- Work in Progress Update - No, we're not dead
;) We have been working on a project we can't announce
yet, as much as we'd like to.
- We are also working on an update to Liberty, addressing
many of the requests our great users have made over the past
few months. We expect to have more news on this update
by the end of June, so check back!
May 2nd, 2001
- Beta version of Liberty for VTech Helio Released -
We have released a beta version of our popular emulator for
the VTech Helio. Version .91 is available
December 29th, 2000
- New version of Afterburner released - Daniel
Wee has added Prism & CLIE support to his excellent
overclocker. Far too many improvements to list.
Just download it and see!
December 28th, 2000
- Updated Liberty to 1.2.5 - Added new hardware
support for "Rumble Pak" in the Innogear InnoPak
2/v. Also cleaned up the code a bit to prevent
problems on future devices.
December 2nd, 2000
November 18th, 2000
- Updated Liberty to 1.2.1 - Found & fixed
a few minor graphics, timing and interrupt glitches
affecting some games.
November 15th, 2000
- Liberty 1.2 released!
This major update includes many compatibility fixes,
"Awful" partial SOUND support, and 40-70% speed
increases in most games! Also new are individual game
configurations (keep your favorite setting by game)
October 31st, 2000
- We are proud to announce an agreement with G Data Software
GMbH to sell a German-language version of Liberty, called PowerBoy
in stores in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
The full press release may be found here.
October 17th, 2000
- Liberty 1.1.1 released!
This minor update includes many new features:
- Control-pad emulation in the graffiti area
- new default colors (on color devices)
- ROM2PDB fixes
- minor z-80 emulation fixes
- Visor users may now install games into their flash
- most importantly: The
demo will now play *all* playable GameBoy games for up to
30 plays! (After that, you will be limited to 32k
games as before)
September 30th, 2000
- New feedback
page now available. Tell us what you think of us, our
web site, our products, or life in general. We welcome
your complaints and your suggestions, but especially your
praise! Have a favorite game you think would work well
on the Palm? Here's the place to tell us. We're
September 20th, 2000
- Added 3 new 32k freeware games! Dan Laser, PuzzleX
and Sqrxz! are all worthy of download.
September 19th, 2000
- We've finally started updating the Liberty Compatibility
list. This has been a highly requested item, and
we're glad to be able to do it. 48 games down
and only 1,350 to go! :-)
September 18th, 2000
- Due to many requests, we have added a download
section of pre-converted freeware
games that run in Liberty. 16 games initially are
available, with more coming as we find good ones. 10 of the
games even run on the demo version!
September 5th, 2000
- Gambit Studios now accepts purchases through PayPal!
up for free today and receive $5!
August 30th, 2000
- Due to the rumors proliferating regarding the 'Trojan'
Liberty crack program, we recommend people who want the full
story read this article
August 22th, 2000
- Liberty 1.1 now available.
This *major* update includes smaller ROM sizes, multiple
game save states, improved compatibility, and much more!
July 6th, 2000
- Gambit Studios releases Liberty 1.0
to great reviews:
"It certainly has the ability to turn the Palm game
development community on it's head."
(full review here)
(for more reviews, see our Liberty
Tuesday, July 4th,